March 20, 2017
70 Canada-based organizations, including LRWC, endorsed a letter welcoming restoration of Canada’s Court Challenges Program (CCP) and objecting to expansion of the focus to include claims under sections 2, 3, 4, and 27 of the Charter. The letters requests that the proposed mandate be changed to preserve the CCP’s historic mandate of protecting and advancing equality rights and enabling access to courts by marginalized individuals and groups and official-language minority communities.
More News & Events
- Pakistan: Investigate and Remedy Murder of Mohammad Jan Gigyani and Implement Measures to Protect Jurists | Letter
- Colombia: Provide Effective Protection for Lawyers at Risk | Joint Letter
- Sudan: Immediately Release and Remedy Arbitrary Detention of Ms Tasneem Ahmed Taha El Zaki and Ms Nura Obeid Osman | Letter
- Saudi Arabia: LRWC and Others Nominate Waleed Abu al-Khair for the 2017 American Bar Association International Human Rights Award | Joint Letter
- Saudi Arabia: Hands off Samar Badawi, says LRWC | Letter