***** Happy Holidays to LRWC Donors *****
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING LRWC’S PRO BONO WORK IN 2013
Donate by December 31st for a 2013 tax receipt
Your donations contributed to the following huge successes in 2013:
- more than 60 lawyers, human rights defenders and prisoners of conscience released from arbitrary detention in Bangladesh, Burma, Cambodia, China, Iran, Sudan, Turkey & Zimbabwe;
- an unfair conviction set aside in Cambodia;
- three petitions resulting in favourable decisions from the UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention for imprisoned human rights defenders in Bangladesh, Cambodia and Viet Nam;
- dozens of public talks, webcasts and reports about international law rights to pre-trial release, medical treatment in prison, dissent, equality, accountability, due process, legal aid & the rights of indigenous peoples;
- defamation suits against a law professor & others dismissed with costs in Costa Rica;
- amicus brief to the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights on State duties to prevent and prosecute attacks on lawyers in Colombia;
- protection provided for lawyers under threat in Cameroon;
- attendance at 3 sessions of the UN Human Rights Council (HRC) in Geneva and statements on human rights concerns in Burma, Canada, Cambodia, Sri Lanka & Thailand;
- reports for the UN HRC’s Universal Periodic Reviews of Mexico & Viet Nam.
- LRWC worked with dozens of other organizations around the world to achieve these successes.
Please consider a very generous donation to LRWC.
WAYS TO DONATE:
Membership fees: PayPal
Contact LRWC by Phone or Fax:
Fax: 604-736-1175 or
Send a cheque by mail to:
All donations are tax deductible with the exception of annual membership fees.
Thank you for helping LRWC defend the defenders.
LRWC work during the past year has been exceptional thanks to the pro bono work of members and volunteers, the support of donors and the cooperation of other human rights defenders around the world. Your donations help protect lawyers and other human rights defenders at risk. To find out more about our work please visit our website lrwc.org or read our monthly newsletter.